Friday, November 1, 2013

Applying Housemanship in Malaysia

Simply Google, you will end up many blogs which gives you instruction on how to apply for housemanship in Malaysia. For example: http://zmlee.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/fresh-graduates-how-to-apply-for-housemanship-in-malaysia/

Just make sure you stick to them religiously.



Unlike in Singapore which offers me Medical Officer post, to work in Malaysia, I must do 2 years of housemanship! :(

To sum up:
1) Apply provisional registration with MMC.
2) After that arrange an interview with Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia. Call Puan Normah 03-88856313 to make an appointment for Interview.

3) Submit borang BMD at Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia.

The interview at SPA:

I arrived early at 7:30am. Nombor giliran 3! By 8:00am the hall is crowded with future houseman. I estimate 200 plus.

There are 2 interviewer. One is the pegawai from SPA, the other a doctor from KKM.
Question asked by the pegawai from SPA:

Saya hanya ada dua soalan kepada kamu:

1) Apa kamu tahu tentang Kementerian Pembangunan Luar Bandar dan Wilayah

Answer: Saya tidak pasti. Saya tidak pernah dengar tentang kementerian ini

2) Okay, tidak apa, soalan kedua ialah, setiap 5 tahun, kita di Malaysia ada Rancangan Malaysia. Tahun ini, rancangan ke berapa?

Answer: Saya tidak pasti.

That's it! I know nothing!

Then the doctor from KKM asked: Give me 3 causes a 70 year old man comes to ER with seizure.

I gave her 3 reasons: Hypoglycemia, Breakthrough seizure if known seizure disorder, Meningitis. She stared at me silently, I gave 5 more reasons. There is still silent. I gave 5 more causes, this time explaining each more in detail. She still silent. Then I talk about the hypoglycemia episode, why I must rule out first, I will give IV dextrose even if I don't have the reading, bla bla bla, then I talk about deteriorating renal function, skipping meals, overdose, forgetfulness, living alone without caretaker, alcholic, stress like infection. Finally she seems satisfied and didn't asked more questions.

I got my surat tawaran on the same day itself. God has been good to me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...