Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Filling Income Tax via e-filling



Today I filled up my income tax form for the year 2014 and I've got my tax returned for >RM1000. It was my first experience to filing tax as a houseman who work under Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia.

This is how I do it:

The Prerequiste:

1) E-Penyata Gaji. To register for e-penyata gaji, you need to to call up your hospital unit hasil and ask for your nombor gaji. Once you have your nombor gaji, you can register for your e-penyata gaji at http://www.anm.gov.my/. From this e-penyata gaji, you can see your monthly pay slip and your yearly pay slip. What is more important for your income tax return is your yearly pay slip (Penyata Pendapatan Tahunan).

2) No. Pin e-Filing. To get No. Pin e-Filing, you can register via eHasil website or you can visit the LHDN office for the No. Pin. What I did, I visited the LHDN office to get the No. Pin. There are many branches. The one I visited is at the PGRM building, Cheras. There, they gave me the No. Pin ( xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) and No. Cukai Pendapatan (SGxxxxxxxxxxx). With these numbers, log in to their website at https://ez.hasil.gov.my/CI/ and choose "log-in kali pertama". Once you are done, you successfully got an account on eHasil.

Timing

The time frame to file your last year (2014) income tax is 1st March 2015 to 30 April 2015. It is the same for every year. Of course, this only apply for non business owner (worker on salary).

Filing your income tax

Log in to your eHasil account. click e-Borang > e-BE >2014. Enter your particulars, email, phone number, bank account number. In your jumlah pendapat section: fill up according to your Penyata Pendapatan Tahunan Bahagian C payslip. Not your annual total pay, because Bahagian E on your Penyata Pendapatan Tahunan is tax exempted.

Then, fill up all the details for Tax Reliefs, like KWSP, computer you brought, etc. What I fill up was medical books I brought at Kamal (Rm131), Laptop I brought (RM3000), and MRCP exam under Education section (RM5000), and KWSP. I guess we must keep all receipts ready for proof for tax reliefs.

Submit your income tax, and sign it digitally with your IC number and password. Once you sign it you are done filling your income tax! You can check your tax via e-filing>semakan pengesahan.

Cheers!

ERORR: MRCP  exam fees is not TAX exempted. DO NOT CLAIM AS TAX relief. Always check with HASIL/ qualified accountant.

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As a Payroll Outsourcing Company in Singapore, TNPL.com.sg provides online accounting, Payslip singapore, corporate secretarial, payroll system and outsourcing service.

Dr.Ravee said...

Is mrcp fees tax exempted in malaysia? I called hasil office they told exam fees are not exempted, only exemption for studies?

Isaac Chan said...

MRCP fees is not tax exempted. I suggest do not claim as tax exemption. because the Hasil will haunt you after 10 years with fines.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...