Sunday, October 13, 2013

MRCP part 1

I was so elated that I recently passed my MRCP part 1 paper. I started prepared during mid-internship in CMC. Really thank God for His goodness.



1) To register, use the official website: http://www.mrcpuk.org/

2) Look out for the exam dates, venue, application opening date. Check out the requirement too.

3) I used Essential Revision Notes for MRCP, Second Edition by Philip A. Kalra as my reading material. I haven't manage to complete the book. I just completed 18 out of 21 chapters.

4) Onexamination.com has one of the best question bank. I just complete all its question and revise it over and over again until I am familiar with the question-answer style. The MRCP question pattern is pretty predictable once you are familiar with their style and the style of onexamination.com is very identical to the MRCP question pattern.

5) Get a study partner, or visit http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum11.htm for support group.

6) Use a tablet computer to revise your question bank when you wait for your registrar or consultant to come for rounds. I use Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 to study in the ward while waiting for my consultant or during minor posting.

7) I used Evernote to make a checklist on each question I complete. I make sure I complete 50 questions daily. During busy days, I will just do less than 10 questions.

8) I used Timesheet app to make sure I am not distracted when I use my tablet and study.

9) This maybe very useful for you to consolidate what you learnt: 100 commonly tested facts for MRCP Part 1

10) A little hard work, a little confidence, discipline and being consistent, with God's blessing, you may do well. The preparation is rewarding. The knowledge acquired is tremendous. Passing the paper is just a bonus.

2 comments:

Darrsini said...

How long did u take to study before the exam?

Isaac Chan said...

Hi Darrsini, during my final year of MBBS, at that time, there are various college prize/gold medal exam and I did plenty of MRCP question bank and PG India entrance exam question bank too. I contemplating of taking MRCP during mid internship at CMC; at that time,I was so busy with work and calls and I didn't have time to study, yet I try to make a point to complete at least 4-5 questions perday from question bank. But I was only seriously study for this exam when I paid the exam fee for MRCP, at that time, I don't have much money. So the fear of losing money because of failing become my main motivation factor. I don't really know how long I took to prepare for exam. I guess probably 3-4 months is adequate depending on your commitment, time you have and workload etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...